Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Searching

I know it won't be for a while, but I am searching for a new place for us to move. Our lease here doesn't end until November I think, but I am quite excited to find a bigger place, with our own washer and dryer, our own garage and just overall, bigger! It's not that I don't like where we are now, it's nice and all. But it will be much easier for us to have our own washer and dryer unit. With our baby here, it's hard for me to keep up with laundry when we have to walk a little walk to the laundry room. It's just not possible and I'm not suppose to be carrying heavy things so I can heal. So it is just a hassle. And parking here sucks! It's on street parking and there are just too many apartments here for all the parking spots they have. So if you are here after 6 pm, you can find yourself parking a half mile away. And let's just face it, no one wants to park their cars that far away at their own home. And by bigger, We just need more room and storage. My kitchen counter aren't that big and I have to two drying racks on one side of the sink, one for bottles, and the other for plastics that I don't put in the dishwasher. And my living room is pretty big, but with our baby, we have more things in the living room and will only be adding. So we will make do, but once november comes, we will be moving. Either into military housing or civilian housing.

1 comment:

  1. I would suggest military housing. At Bayview Hills, for a two bedroom place you only pay 1500 a month so it doesn't take all of your BAH. However, they only provide washer/dryer hookups. If you are willing to pay more, Serra Mesa and Murphy Canyon (that I know of), provide a washer/dryer IN THE UNIT! So, those are some things to think about. If you go to housing now and apply, you could be put on a wait list for some really awesome places around here.
    So, there are Pros/Cons with Military Housing, but from my personal experience, this is best in Southern California.

    ReplyDelete